Acer One S1002 - Touch screen not working (Windows 10 x86)

Jastreb
Jastreb Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I installed Windows 10 x86 on Acer One S1002 several days ago and had problem with drivers for this model as Platform Drivers from Acer Support site are incomplete and setup fails to install.

I spent some time searching Acer Community for workarounds and ways to overcome driver issues and eventuality installed "Intel Atom Processor Z3000 Series (Entry Type 3) Drivers" that someone shared. It resolved all drivers except touchscreen which showed as Unknow Device with following Hardware IDs.

I found that hardware IDs belong to "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device", which has various driver versions that can be found on Internet. Dozen version were successfully installed and for each of them device manager didn't display any problem with device, but touch screen (except Windows button) still doesn't respond to touch. Latest driver version which I tried is 15.40.34.974 (7/18/2017).

I removed tablet back cover to check if some cable is not properly attached, but everything looks good. I also disconnected touch screen cable, cleaned its connections and plugged it back.

I just want to add that Windows button on lower part of touch screen works regularly even without mentioned driver installed. This leads me to assumption that touch screen issue which I'm facing is driver related and not due to defect touch screen, as Windows button which is part of touch screen responds to touch.

More details about product can be seen below.

Product Name: One S1002
Part Number: NTG53EX010

Please if somebody has this model with functional touchscreen it would be of great help if driver name and working version for Windows 10 x86 would be shared with me. I'm currently running out of ideas as I've tried everything I could think of. Any other troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Jastreb,

Plz post the keyboard pic here.
  • Jastreb

Tinkerer

Hi @Easwar

Below you can find photo of keyboard and tablet part of device.

Photo of tablet part better illustrates touch screen which doesn't work and Windows button which reacts to touch. Windows button on touch screen is probably different device in device manager with proper driver, while touch screen itself is device elaborated in my previous post.

• Jastreb

Tinkerer

Some help please... If somebody has touch screen driver that works for Acer One S1002 and can export it or provide alternative Platform Drivers with touch screen driver included, I would be more than grateful. None of Platform Drivers I tried so far have touch screen driver included.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Jastreb,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Jastreb

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    @Easwar,

I already tried to set BIOS to default, but there were no changes in touch screen behavior. BIOS was also upgraded to latest version (v1.10).
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Try installing the platform drivers in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jastreb

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    @billsey,

Official Platform Drivers for this model can't be installed, as package is incomplete and therefore setup fails. It was described in other threads from this community. I can try to do it with "Intel Atom Processor Z3000 Series (Entry Type 3) Drivers", which I used as alternative. I will then get back to you with the result. Anyhow, none of Platform Drivers include touch screen driver in their package.
  • Jastreb

Tinkerer

@billsey,

Thank you for your help. I just installed Platform Drivers in compatibility mode, but as mentioned before touch screen remains as Unknown Device. It's due to the fact that package doesn't contain such driver and it has to be installed manually. I still miss Acer's recommended touch screen driver version for Acer One S1002 with Windows x86 system to manually install and test it. All versions of "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device" I tried so far didn't resolve problem with touch screen.
  • Jastreb

Tinkerer

edited November 2021
    I performed intensive troubleshooting and tried different touch screen drivers, but none of them worked for me. I suspect that touch screen issue which I'm facing is not driver related, but to hardware (digitizer) itself. If so, it's still strange that touch screen button which is part of touch screen works regularly.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]