My TC-895-UA91 desktop's fan ramps up once every...5 to 10 minutes

Piero1
Piero1 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
My TC-895-UA91 desktop's fan ramps up once every...5 to 10 minutes. I have a tool call SPECCY that gives me data and temperature of the various component of the PC. It looks like fan starts when CPU temperature climb above 40 and in the last few days....this happens too frequently. Is that noisy fan the only one inside my desktop? Is it time to replace a faulty CPU? My TC-895-UA91 is barely one year old (purchased in August 2020) and it may still enjoy warranty. 

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Piero1,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Thanks for the tip on SPECCY. I love it.
    My CPU and MB are running 32C and 33c on a cool day, within my TC-895-UA92.
    Clean all your vents and be sure no blockage along with too close to walls etc.
    I think that the Power Supply has a fan along with the CPU. 
    Otherwise call support as Easwar stated.

• Larryodie
    As In understand, the PS fan brings in air and the CPU fan exhaust air. 
  • Piero1
    Piero1 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Called Acer Technical Support which didn't even try to help me out in any sort of basic troubleshooting. Just NONE. I was told that the warranty is 1 year, so...I'll have to troubleshoot the problem by myself. 
    I'll open the desk top and check whether the PSU fan is running. If you have other suggestions..please let me know. 

Piero Bassi  
  • Larryodie
    Good Luck, if you find the offending fan, a drop of ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid on the bearing will usually fix a noisy sluggish fan.  A light oil like 3 in One Sewing machine oil is good too. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Most issues are due to dust build up in the fan and heat sink. Suck it out with a vacuum or blow it out with compressed air, then retest.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.