Acer Aspire TC-895 - CPU fan and cooler replacement

kana2001
kana2001 Member Posts: 1 New User
Anyone have any experience with replacing the stock CPU fan and cooler on the TC 895? Will the CPU_FAN header accept 3rd party fans? I ask this because I used the Noctua NF-A9 as a case fan and the SYS_FAN header doesn't allow the fan to spin if Smart Fan is on. The CPU cooler I am looking at is Noctua NH-L9i.

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @kana2001

I know that Acer motherboards do not have true PWM headers, thus the problems with Smart fan control. I have Noctua case fan and was experiencing something like that. Have seen many Nocuta fans and Acer PC incompatible cases. Even though Nocuta has good reputation as a fan manufacturer, but there seemed plenty problems pairing with Acer motherboards.

If I were to buy a new CPU fan/heatsink or case fan for my Acer desktop, I'll try to avoid Noctua brand in particular. Thermaltake CPU fans and heat sinks may be a good alternative. I use Thermaltake CPU fan/heat sink with my newly build PC.

One other way to get around is to get a commercial software such as Argus Speed Fan, or get some dash board hardware with user controllable type fan speed control knob/slider that can fit the TC-895.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @kana2001

I know that Acer motherboards do not have true PWM headers, thus the problems with Smart fan control. I have Noctua case fan and was experiencing something like that. Have seen many Nocuta fans and Acer PC incompatible cases. Even though Nocuta has good reputation as a fan manufacturer, but there seemed plenty problems pairing with Acer motherboards.

If I were to buy a new CPU fan/heatsink or case fan for my Acer desktop, I'll try to avoid Noctua brand in particular. Thermaltake CPU fans and heat sinks may be a good alternative. I use Thermaltake CPU fan/heat sink with my newly build PC.

One other way to get around is to get a commercial software such as Argus Speed Fan, or get some dash board hardware with user controllable type fan speed control knob/slider that can fit the TC-895.