Aspire T3-715 What is installed on SSD?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Aspire T3-715

There is an SSD on this PC.  What is installed on the SSD?

Thanks.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Kuen

My goodness! You are suppose to be the person who can best answer this question. You are the user of the PC, not us.

Is it your boot drive? For years you still don't know what it is. When you use Win 10 and under This PC, how many drives were there?
  • Kuen
    ttttt said:
    @Kuen

My goodness! You are suppose to be the person who can best answer this question. You are the user of the PC, not us.

Is it your boot drive? For years you still don't know what it is. When you use Win 10 and under This PC, how many drives were there?
    No.  Really I do not know exactly what is installed on SSD.  Just heard from commercials that new computers are much faster because OS is on SSD.   For years, just use it, not evev wonder what is where on the machine.

I ask this question here because here is the acer community.

Salesman said that OS was installed on SSD.  How about the Windows updates?  Are they all installed on SSD?

Is it possible that the SSD is  stuffed and causing trouble? 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Explore the content with File Explorer.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    File Explorer then THIS PC then C: Drive
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Kuen said:
    Aspire T3-715

There is an SSD on this PC.  What is installed on the SSD?

Thanks.

Open start menu and click on Settings then open apps. You will be able to see all installed progammes on the SSD
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Kuen

Since you mentioned you swapped HDD in the XP era and thinking of shorting the jumper, I expect you to have one decade or so PC experiences and knowledges well above beginner level. Through the decade, haven't you thought about backing up your system in case running into problems with the PC?
    Creating a system image file is for that purpose, backing up all data and the Windows system in a separate SSD/HDD in case of problem.

The SSD/HDD is for storage purpose, all the Windows operating system info and your data are stored there. Some people have just one SSD/HDD in their PC, so everything is on that SSD/HDD.

Don't think your SSD is stuffed to cause the problem. In case SSD/HDD getting close to be 100% used, you will get a warning before that or you can see red indication under your C: drive under "This PC". Your PC is having problem even before reading the Windows OS.

Good Luck !
  • Kuen
    ttttt said:
    @Kuen

Since you mentioned you swapped HDD in the XP era and thinking of shorting the jumper, I expect you to have one decade or so PC experiences and knowledges well above beginner level. Through the decade, haven't you thought about backing up your system in case running into problems with the PC?
    Creating a system image file is for that purpose, backing up all data and the Windows system in a separate SSD/HDD in case of problem.

The SSD/HDD is for storage purpose, all the Windows operating system info and your data are stored there. Some people have just one SSD/HDD in their PC, so everything is on that SSD/HDD.

Don't think your SSD is stuffed to cause the problem. In case SSD/HDD getting close to be 100% used, you will get a warning before that or you can see red indication under your C: drive under "This PC". Your PC is having problem even before reading the Windows OS.

Good Luck !
    Thank you.

"have one decade or so PC experiences"
    You are right.  More than a decade.  Started in 2006, first time touch a computer, an Acer laptop 3003. Then I used Vista & Win 7 before Win 10.  My hobby is photography.  I use computers for one reason only, that is, retouching & editing my photographic files, both negatives & digitals.  And there are only two major software installed on my PC, they are, Windows & Photoshop.

"
    knowledges well above beginner level"
    No.  Not so at all.  I use all my available time for photography.  Seldom pay attention to computers. 

"
    backing up your system"
    Yes, I know this and practice it.  All my photo files, RAW & TIFF, are stored on three (3) hard drives: one on T3-715 which is now broken down (all the questions I ask here on this forum is about this T3-715 machine), the other one , also on  T3-715, another T3-715 I bought few month after buying the first one, and the 3rd one a movable HD.  

System back up.
    Yes. There is a system back up.  It is store on D: drive which is a SATA3 drive.
    But, it is no use even if there were ten backups.
    The computer is dead on acer logo, everything is dead, what can any backup do?

ANNOYED
    I am not worried about my files.  What bugs me is :
    1. The first move I made when the problem occurred was contacting Acer & asking for an overhaul.  Acer refused, saying no parts for repairing any machine three or more years old.
    2. IT-gentlemen, four of them, all diagnosed differently. (I am no of any business or office. Just a private person. I paid by the hour for IT-gentlemen).

"
    thinking of shorting the jumper,"
    This is not, absolutely not what I know.  Yes, I used to know in the XP days that there was a jumper on the IDE hard drive.  But that had been forgotten long ago.  All of the question or most of the question I ask here on the forum is what I have learnt recently, in the last three weeks, from Google Search.

As to the jumper, I read & learnt about it on a website discussing on hardware and/or overclocking that one ought to clear the CMOS when replacing the CR2032 with a new one.  This led me paying attention to the motherboard and the jumper.

By the way, I mentioned about that I have tow same machines T3-715.
    Sorry to tell.  Both of the broke down at almost the same time, that is, shortly after Windows 10 update to 21H1.

Good chat.  Appreciate. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The easiest way to tell what is on each drive is to run Disk Management in Windows (hit the Windows key, then start typing Disk Management and <return> when the app is selected). It will look something like this:
    Take a picture or do a screen shot and show what you have on yours. On my system you can see a 100MB EFI partition used for booting, a 475.83GB C: system partition and a 1.00GB Recovery partition on Disk 0, the SSD. Disk 1 is a SD card in my system and is pretty empty.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.