Upgrading to make it better for gaming Acer XC-1660g UW92

Pjosh9947
Pjosh9947 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
What are some upgrades I can do to my Acer XC-1660g UW92 to make it better for gaming? I understand it isn't the best for that. But as of right now it's what I have and I'd like to make it the best it could possibly be.

Answers

• Pjosh9947

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.         

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    You have a reasonably good starting point, with a decent processor fast memory and a SSD. You would have been better served to pick one with a bigger CPU than the i3, so upgrading to an i7 is a potential good thing. You have 8GB of memory and it wouldn't hurt to have 16GB instead these days. Be sure to match the 2933MHz that you have now, none of the '3200' or '3600' XMP overclocked memory, they are much slower because they are really 2133 or 2666 unless running in XMP mode. The other biggie will be a GPU card, you have a 300W PSU and that's enough to drive many of the mid range cards, maybe a 1660? Double check specs to make sure it will fit your power budget since bigger PSUs for your system are tough to find. You aren't going to end up with anything like a Predator or Nitro, but you should be able to do just fine with a couple of changes... And in the process you'll find out why the gaming rigs are so much more expensive. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.