Windows 11 Does Not Recognize My Internal Speakers - Predator Helios 300

OldnAchy
OldnAchy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Windows 11
I performed the Windows 11 install by direct download on my Predator Helios 300.  After download, no audio.  Device Manager shows only NVIDIA HDMI audio -- no Realtek.  Same is true after downloading and installing the latest Realtek drivers.  Bottom line -- Windows 11 as installed does not recognize my laptop speakers.  The speakers definitely work -- I reverted back to Windows 10 and everything is fine.  Any help would be appreciated (bios/firmware maybe?)  If this is symptomatic of all Predator laptops there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers like me (BTW, Microsoft help shrugged their shoulders and agreed when i stated I was going back.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    OldnAchy,

Did you try to download and install driver from acer web site after win 11 installation.
  • OldnAchy
    Yes,  latest Realtek drivers came from Acer website.  Drivers are there, but Windows 11 still did not recognize speakers.  Troubleshooter only lists HDMI port (not connected) for audio.  Current status was no audio output or input device detected.  I am staying with Windows 10 until this is resolved by Microsoft/Acer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    My guess is Microsoft hasn't started pushing it out to your model yet, which is why they say it might not work if you manually download...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OldnAchy
    Not sure whether Windows 11 will have manufacturer specific variations, but I found a solution, however onerous it was (and still is).  I downloaded Windows 10 install files to a USB drive and did a clean.  Speakers recognized.  Then I did the health check to ensure that laptop was OK to install Windows 11 and then did Windows 11 (direct) install.  Post install, speakers are recognized. 

I think the problem was in the way speakers were originally configured in my Predator.  Clean install solved that.  Now I get to reload all my apps and copy all my data back in.  Hours of fun!
  • TaranNunes99
    TaranNunes99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    A fix that worked for me was going into the control panel, change your view to large, go to sound, right click on your realtek speaker, go to properties, advanced, then disable audio enhancement and click on apply. Hope this helps.
  • VJcapt73
    VJcapt73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same as @OldnAchy I installed windows 11, the audio drivers are incompatible. I rolled back to windows 10 and it works fine.