I want to upgrade my Predator G3-710 CPU so I can run windows 11

mvdwildenberg
mvdwildenberg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Predator Desktops
Does someone know if its possible ? I have now Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3,4Ghz, but Microsoft health check tells me it is not support.

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,899 Trailblazer
    edited October 2021
    Does someone know if its possible ? I have now Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3,4Ghz, but Microsoft health check tells me it is not support.

NO, your motherboard and CPU of your Predator G3-710 is not compatible with Win-11. Have a look here for all the guides on "Windows 11 specs, features and computer requirements". 

Btw and what I would suggest as a cheaper option, is to upgrade and change the motherboard, CPU and RAM of your G3-710 with a compatible Intel or AMD form factor ATX motherboard (that is OEM size of the G3-710's motherboard) and CPU and RAM, as your G3-710 OEM RAM has DDR-3 and the new motherboards are all DDR-4, also and with your OEM PSU, check which one you have? As the G3-710 comes with either the 500W or the 730W PSU. This is especially important if you upgrade the GPU to the newer NVIDIA 20 Series and especially the 30 Series GPU's as the 500W will not be adequate but the OEM 730W PSU will be.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Exactly. You need an 8th gen or later motherboard, with an 8th gen or later CPU to run W11. Either run W10 until you are ready to upgrade the hardware or upgrade the hardware before you are ready...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.