Spin SP111-33 Update for Windows 10 21H1

Options
ngoldwein
ngoldwein Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
My Acer Spin SP111-33 is running Windows 20H2 and says my software is up to date.  Why have I not been prompted to upgrade to 21H1?  How can I manually update and will I have same issues for Windows 11 when it is available for my PC

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The ways of Microsoft are mysterious... :) Try using the manual upgrade process, or wait a week or two and upgrade to 21H2 instead. The manual upgrade is found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ngoldwein
    Options
    Thanks, do you happen to know why it didn't update automatically.  My other win 10 PCs did it automatically.
  • billsey
    Options
    It could be lack of space on the drive...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ngoldwein
    Options
    I ran the update and it failed even though it said I had enough memory (think maybe it was talking about RAM and not hard drive).  I then based on the error message did a check disk and a Scannow and then I moved my data off the PC.  My free hard disk space went from about 10 gig to about 30 gig.  I then ran the update and it was successful.  Don't you think MS would tell you how much free hard drive is required or would atleast tell you the the upgrade cannot proceed and need more free hard disk space. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, you would think so, but apparently it's not on their radar. :)
  • ngoldwein
    Options
    Since I had to go thru this process just to upgrade to the latest version of Win 10, i decided to install Win 11 while I was at it.  The update was successful and I decided I really do not like the new interface.
  • billsey
    Options
    So roll back to W10 or go ahead and get used to the new stuff. :) You have control...
  • ngoldwein
    Options
    Even though I don't care for the new interface, I will not roll back.  The new version is the future and is also suppose to be more secure.  Hopefully enough people will make comments that Microsoft will make changes or a third party will come up with alternate UI.