About battery thing swift sf314-56g

Mtp
Mtp Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I just bought an swift sf314-56g from my friend. He just bought last year and his laptop have a lot of files. I have installed win 10 pro in it (the original os is win 10 home SL) and now the battery just have 3 level (b4 it have 4 levels). And one thing that when I go with win 10 pro, the battery for 100% just 6h30 min remaining; and before that when I use the oem windows, with 70% it show 7 hours left. So how can I fix them. And is it good to use win 10 pro retail than the oem os that have before. Please help me 
pic 1 is before and pic 2 is after

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Windows Home and Windows Pro have different services and apps running in the background by default. Because of that the battery life will change between them. Home also had some Acer specific tweaks to the power profile and likely they aren't there in the Pro settings. You can tweak them yourself for better battery life if you would like. You can also run a few recalibration cycles in Windows to make sure it's got your battery learned well. With a full battery and Windows running disconnect the power and use the system until it shuts down due to low battery (usually 10% left but it might be as low as 3% left). With it off plug the power back in and wait for the battery to show full (usually the charge light changes from amber to blue) then boot it back up. Rinse and repeat... Each calibration cycle will get the battery stats to better match your actual usage. Normally the calibration runs in the background but if you run mostly with the charger plugged in the stats can get swayed off to the side, showing either too much time remaining or too little.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Mtp,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Mtp
    Mtp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, it said it is the best driver that windows can have, but why in the home sl, the battery is very long (it show 7h remaining) but when I installed win 10 pro retail from Microsoft (have actived) it show 4 hours and 26 mins left. What can i do for fix it? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Windows Home and Windows Pro have different services and apps running in the background by default. Because of that the battery life will change between them. Home also had some Acer specific tweaks to the power profile and likely they aren't there in the Pro settings. You can tweak them yourself for better battery life if you would like. You can also run a few recalibration cycles in Windows to make sure it's got your battery learned well. With a full battery and Windows running disconnect the power and use the system until it shuts down due to low battery (usually 10% left but it might be as low as 3% left). With it off plug the power back in and wait for the battery to show full (usually the charge light changes from amber to blue) then boot it back up. Rinse and repeat... Each calibration cycle will get the battery stats to better match your actual usage. Normally the calibration runs in the background but if you run mostly with the charger plugged in the stats can get swayed off to the side, showing either too much time remaining or too little.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.