Spin 5 This happens once I use my laptop's pen..

Novia
Novia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi, I'm using an Acer Spin 5 and for the first time, this happened:
I was on a zoom lesson and was using my pen to write notes on a pdf file when the whole screen froze for a couple of seconds (I couldn't move my mouse either) and this popped up. The wait wasn't long but it restarted my laptop and I had to restore all my necessary tabs up to continue with my lesson. To my horror, this continued happening. 
The next few times I scanned the QR code to attempt the recommendations to fix my issue. I've uninstalled the latest update (installed last night) to no futile, subsequently tried uninstalling certain apps as well, but the moment I touch the tip of my pen on my pdf the laptop hangs again.. and this fretting screen reappears. Spent my whole 2 hour lecture dealing with this issue, restarting my laptop for over 10 times, thinking it is over yet somehow, it always ends up the same. I haven't used my pen so far, keeping my fingers crossed as i'm currently in another zoom lecture and we're having a timed group discussion, but I'd like to know how can I resolve this issue?
I bought this laptop mainly for this function because it helps with my school work. This laptop is barely 9 months old and I've been taking decent care of it, is there anything I can do or is it only repairable when I sent it to the service center?

Btw the Stop code shown above is not the same all the time. Other times it shows 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' - whatever that means... 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Novia,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Both stop codes are typically driver related. Which Spin 5 model do you have? It should be something like SP5xx-xxx-xxxx. Are you using a pen that came with it, or a different one? If you open Device Manager do you see any errors or warnings? Especially look in Human Interface Devices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.