How to fix screen flickering in Acer ei272ur pbmiiipx

Options
KevinMac
KevinMac Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Monitors
To start off my monitor is the ei272ur pbmiiipx. Anyway, I've been having issues lately where no matter what it is I'm doing, between YouTube, typing in word, or gaming, the screen will begin to flicker off and on and the only way to stop it is to turn the monitor off and on. It has happened before but it was only a couple times and it would only go to black one time, it was originally only on the display port, and with the PC. Now it is also doing it when playing Xbox and has made the monitor essentially unusable. Is there a way to fix this without sending it in for repair? This is the second time I'll have to send this same monitor in to be fixed and would rather avoid that.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    Give a different cable a try, that type of symptom usually point at a marginal cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    @KevinMac
    Could you please tell me modern name unit 
  • KevinMac
    KevinMac Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm not sure what that means, do you need a model or serial number?
    Acer-Erick said:
    @KevinMac
    Could you please tell me modern name unit 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @KevinMac,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​

• SimpleMindedTech
    SimpleMindedTech Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

When I experienced this issue on 10/7/2022, the resolution for me was to use the Nvidia GeForce UI to update to my drivers. I did a clean install which uninstalls previous versions. I also did a reset on my monitor using the monitor reset function.

I also want to not that I made sure other drivers were updated as well, including my mother board and hard drives.

The monitor is good at this time.

• REIMAGINEDPIXELS
    REIMAGINEDPIXELS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also started having issues with my EI272UR monitor turning on and off at random times and I already checked all these: power cable plug, updated drivers from NVIDIA and reset the monitor for 30 seconds. Plugged it into a wall outlet as well so to test the power cable so is not connected to a power surge protector and nothing works. I am not happy with this monitor and it wasn't cheap at $250 a piece.

• StevenGen
    Options

The flickering is an Intel graphics issue in the Intel Graphics Command Center, go to Search > insert Intel Graphics Command Center > System > Power and make sure that the Power Settings are like below, as that is what happened to my system too and setting the below settings fixed the flickering.

This discussion has been closed.