Aspire A514-54 battery problem?

Options
NJuliatto
NJuliatto Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought an Aspire 5 A514-54 not long ago, but the battery life has been bugging me. It was advertised as a 10 hours battery, so I was expecting around 6, 7 hours.

But I get only 3 hours with brightness on minimum, and power mode always on "better battery life"

Bear in mind I don't play any games, it's just for regular usage
Microsoft Edge, PowerPoint, Word etc

Is it a problem with the battery? Or is it actually normal and I was expecting too much of it?
Thanks guys

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Any AV installed? Thats usually the culprit after Chrome
  • NJuliatto
    NJuliatto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Any AV installed? Thats usually the culprit after Chrome
    I do have Kaspersky installed, you think that might be the cause? If so, I would be better off with just Windows Defender right?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,602 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Battery report is a good shout to make sure the battery is running OK, and thats up to you, personally i just run Defender, but theres nothing wrong with running whatever AV of your choice :-) . Defender is pretty good, but at the same time doesnt do everything. Defender is OK for most people but its a personal choice!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,602 Trailblazer
    Options
    Agreed. All most folks need nowadays is Defender & MaliciousSoftwareRemoval tool (MRT.exe) which Microsoft updates regularly.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @NJuliatto

Third party anti-virus software will hurt the performance of your PC. Once you uninstalled it, you can tell the difference right away.