Can the intel AX201 wifi card be replaced with industry standard wifi M.2 card on Aspire TC-1660 ?

prunemaster
prunemaster Member Posts: 181 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
Can the intel AX201 wifi card be replaced with industry standard wifi M.2 card on Aspire TC-1660 ?

For example, replace it with an intel AX210 wifi-6e card.
This AX201 card is a wifi-6 card with an uncommon intel proprietary M.2 interface.
The ordinary popular intel wifi-6 card is an AX200.
See this intel publication:

According to intel's docs, it's up to the OEM motherboard manufacturer to include compatibility with the industry standard wifi card interface.
I have doubts Acer did, there's no documentation about this, nothing that I can find.

So.  Is it is, or is it aint ?

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it can be replaced with any other m.2 WIFI card like AX210.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it can be replaced with any other m.2 WIFI card like AX210.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • AnhEZ28
    You're welcome
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,293 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that port is designed for WiFi/Bluetooth cards and will work with most any of them, what you can't put in that slot is an SSD, which is what users here usually ask for. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.