Aspire T3-715 Does anyone have experienced replacing the motherboard of Acer Aspire desktop?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
My Acer Aspire T3-715 is broken down.  Many symptoms show that it might be something wrong on the motherboard.
How much approximately would it cost to have it replaced with new one?
And is there still any new ones around since the machine was produced in 2015?
The alternatives?  Side effects?

Thank you.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Kuen

Personally I think it cost too much to replace an Acer motherboard, particularly you send it to Acer for replacement. I have seen people claiming USD $350+ for that. 

I would suggest getting a brand new Aspire XC-1660G-UW93, this one has the latest technologies ( i5-11400 CPU, Wi-Fi 6. M.2 NVMe SSD... etc. ) You can get one from E-bay for less than USD $500. This PC is so new that even Amazon and Newegg do not have it yet.

If not because I acquired three PCs in the last 17 months, I would have bought this one.
  • Kuen
    Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    ttttt said:
    @Kuen

Personally I think it cost too much to replace an Acer motherboard, particularly you send it to Acer for replacement. I have seen people claiming USD $350+ for that. 

I would suggest getting a brand new Aspire XC-1660G-UW93, this one has the latest technologies ( i5-11400 CPU, Wi-Fi 6. M.2 NVMe SSD... etc. ) You can get one from E-bay for less than USD $500. This PC is so new that even Amazon and Newegg do not have it yet.

If not because I acquired three PCs in the last 17 months, I would have bought this one.
    The machine has been used for five years.  The value of the machine on the second hand market is probably around US$300.00.  I do not think anyone would pay US$350.00 for a new motherboard.

Thank you. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Yeah, it looks like the cost of a replacement motherboard, even on eBay, is more than the value of the computer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.