Acer Predator PH315-53 Throttlestop not working on BIOS 2.04?

Options
Darival
Darival Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have W11 , temperatures on gaming goes up to 98C, I am on BIOS 2.04
This is really weird, I applied and saved but the offset column are all on +0.0000, there is no "locked"
am I missing something?

Answers

• Darival

Tinkerer

Options
    I wanted to add that I tried Intel XTU but the Offset voltage slider was grayed out(disabled).
  • Darival

Tinkerer

Options
    Is playing League of Legends at 98C normal for this laptop? I have an acer aspire 3 that can run this game max settings and does it without burning my fingers..
  • Sollarasu
    Sollarasu Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Darival said:
    Is playing League of Legends at 98C normal for this laptop? I have an acer aspire 3 that can run this game max settings and does it without burning my fingers..

playing in aspire at 98c definitely cause hardware problem soon , if you play for long time and hardware durability will be no more. I suggest use TS to disable turbo and then play , so your cpu will be in base clock so temp will reduce and a bit of performance too. Try this and check the temperature , then everything is fine thank me later :):+1:
  • Darival

Tinkerer

Options
    @Sollarasu look at the images I have shared, thats what I did. how do i know it is actually doing its thing?
  • Darival

Tinkerer

Options
    I tested it again and now im getting thisThe first plateau is from league of legends, it is a little over ~70C, which is great, the second one is from BFV it stays at ~93C so, it is an improvement from 98C. are this values healthy? I rely on this laptop for university and i need it to last for 3 more years.

• FakeFire100
    FakeFire100 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    bro,, yeah u miss something, u did not turn it on... press turn on 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Options
    bro,, yeah u miss something, u did not turn it on... press turn on 

@Darival completely agree with the above :p also if u used xtu previously it has to be completely removed with software like your uninstaller or similar or it will create conflicts with TS by the left overs also after properly removing it you need to shutdown not restart and after bios setup defaults only then install TS same procedure to remove TS if the issue still persists after repasting with kryonaut or similar its the only solution if youre able to without voiding your warranty otherwise only acer can repaste it with stock paste :)

Sollarasu said:
    Darival said:

playing in aspire at 98c definitely cause hardware problem soon , if you play for long time and hardware durability will be no more. I suggest use TS to disable turbo and then play , so your cpu will be in base clock so temp will reduce and a bit of performance too. Try this and check the temperature , then everything is fine thank me later :):+1:
    Which aspire are u talking about this is a predator not aspire  ??????

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• hOtttBRA
    hOtttBRA Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    Darival said:
    @Sollarasu look at the images I have shared, thats what I did. how do i know it is actually doing its thing?
    To hold the temperature regardless of how much the game is demanding of the system apply the CPU undervolt to -100mV and limit the Turbo Ratio to anything between 3.2 to 3.8 GHz. For the GPU limit the voltage to 0.7V.

With those settings you can have decent performance with average temperatures.
    With any game my max temps are 80º for CPU and 70º for GPU.
  • KrishnaDeep
    KrishnaDeep Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey I am the same bios as well am not able to figure out how to undervolt because the offset is not being applied. Did you figure it out?