Which graphic cards should I upgrade to for my Predator P03-600?

Options
Slickefex
Slickefex Member Posts: 2 New User
Currently I have a GTX 1060 for the Predator P03-600 model.
Which graphic cards should I go for? Prefer RTX cards

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Slickefex said:
    Currently I have a GTX 1060 for the Predator P03-600 model.
    Which graphic cards should I go for? Prefer RTX cards
    Before you can upgrade make sure that the new RTX 30 series fits into the space that you have and its not too big, measure your current GPU and get the max measurements for the new type of RTX30xx that you want to fit. Your PO3-600 has PCIe 3.0 and the new RTX 30xx cards work best at PCIe 4.0 but that doesn't make a big difference as the differences are minimal and the new RTX 30xx will work.

Second and foremost, make sure that you have an adequate PSU as your PO3-600 comes with a max 500W PSU and for these RTX 30xx cards its best to get a 650W PSU so that your desktop has adequate power for the new card and for all other peripherals. All in all, an RTX 30xx card should work but adhere to all that I've mentioned above and also make sure that all your old GTX1060 drivers are deleted from your system (if you want ? use a software like DDU which is a display driver uninstallor if you want to do it manually see this guide "Cleaning up old NVIDIA driveras this is very important for the new card to work 100% and then install the appropriate NVIDIA RTX 30xx driver for your card and all should work 100% and with a huge performance improvement.