PO3-630G-UW91 RAM Speed

Options
adepew
adepew Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Desktops
I have the PO3-630G-UW91 model predator desktop. Came pre-installed with 8GB of DDR4-3200 RAM. User manual says to use DDR4-3200 RAM. However, it is only running at 2667 MHz. I didn't see any options in the BIOS to change the speed. How can I get this to run at 3200 MHz?

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    That's weird, all the specs say the 3200 is correct, and should run at the rated speed. What are you using to determine the speed? It looks like the PO3-630G models are a downsize from the PO3-630 models (without the 'G') so maybe they're either using an older motherboard or are clocking down to use chips they can actually get. A lot of the better units are on hold waiting for components...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adepew
    adepew Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I checked using the PredatorSense app as well as CPU-Z. These are what I purchased if it matters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083VMSY1B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • billsey
    Options
    Those are XMP memory and may require XMP be turned on in the BIOS (if available) in order to match that speed. If there isn't support for XMP in the BIOS they will run at their base rate, which looks like 2666.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HelpPlease123
    HelpPlease123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    PO3-630G-UW91

Just got this desktop for my kid for Christmas. How do I know what additional Ram to pick up tomorrow. I want to go to 16gb of ram unless it makes more sense to just go to 32gb (2 sticks of 16). Does the 32gb pair well with the rest of the system specs (including the 1660 super good)? How do I know what 3200 ram to get that isn’t the XMP. Does the Bios not allow for XMP? 

Please help. 
  • billsey
    Options
    No where that I can find does Acer say XMP is supported on the PO5-630G, although theoretically Intel does allow it with the B560 chipset (prior to the 11th gen the B series did not have XMP support). Best to be safe and get regular 3200 memory, look for PC4-25600 DDR4 3200. I don't believe XMP memory will have the PC4-25600 designation.