How to disconnect the SSD on mainboard of Aspire T3-715?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
My T3-715 now cannot boot into Windows.  The startup process stuck at acer logo.  Everything is dead at this point.  Del & F12 are showing on the same screen as the acer logo, but they are all dead.  Nothing functions at this point.  I want to test whether I can boot into BIOS by disconnecting the hard drive of the OS.  The SSD is fixed on the board.  How to disconnect the SSD, please?
Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The SSD on your T3-715 is in an M.2 slot on the motherboard. It is affixed in place with a small screw on the end away from the socket. You remove the screw and the SSD springs up at that end, allowing removal from the socket. The socket is #3 on this diagram, between the PCIe slots:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    billsey said:
    The SSD on your T3-715 is in an M.2 slot on the motherboard. It is affixed in place with a small screw on the end away from the socket. You remove the screw and the SSD springs up at that end, allowing removal from the socket. The socket is #3 on this diagram, between the PCIe slots:

Thank you, Billsey.

Here is a shot of the situation on my main board of the T3-715.

The slot M2 looks different from what shows in your photo.  It is about 1/2 inch tall from the surface of the board.
    And the SSD is next to the slot.  
    It looks that I have to remove the graphic card first in order to remove the SSD.

Something I do not understand.  Help, please.  "The SSD on your T3-715 is in an M.2 slot on the motherboard." you said.
    As the photo shows, the SSD is screwed on the board beside the M2 slot.
    How can it be "IN" the M2 slot?
    Excuse my ignorance, please.

Thank you.
    Kuen
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The M.2 slot is at right angles to the PCIe slots, the end of the SSD plugs into the M.2 slot, the other end of the SSD is where the screw is I was talking about. I can't tell for sure if the SSD will come up past the wide of the GPU or whether you should pull the GPU out. I'd probably go ahead and pull the GPU out just to make sure there's plenty of room to work with the SSD. Remember there's a plastic latch holding the GPU card in (the white bit sticking out from the front edge of the GPU card). You need to push that away from the CPU to release the GPU card.
    The M.2 slot is on the pink box, the M.2 screws is in the yellow.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.