My Acer Swift SF315-52 Series is not charging. I’ve tried everything! Please help!

Options
I checked the voltage on the cord and it works fine. I also uninstalled the battery adapter and battery and it still will not charge. I also tried to hard reset on the bottom of the laptop. Is there anything else I can try? 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the blue light doesn't come on with the charger connected there is likely something wrong with the charger... If it comes on amber, that just means it's charging, wait for it to become blue then turn it on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    Did you do the full reset procedure, or just press the button? You should shut down and disconnect from power, then press and hold the button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 15-30 minutes after the reset then plug power back in. Wait for the full charge indication then turn it on. That usually works...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gupt07ash
    gupt07ash Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    drain the battery and let the pc charge without turning it on
  • Helpmyswiftsf31552
    Helpmyswiftsf31552 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Did you do the full reset procedure, or just press the button? You should shut down and disconnect from power, then press and hold the button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 15-30 minutes after the reset then plug power back in. Wait for the full charge indication then turn it on. That usually works...
    Once I plugged it back in (after a couple hours) the blue light indication did not cut on. Any other suggestions?
  • Helpmyswiftsf31552
    Options
    gupt07ash said:
    drain the battery and let the pc charge without turning it on
    How do I drain the battery?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the blue light doesn't come on with the charger connected there is likely something wrong with the charger... If it comes on amber, that just means it's charging, wait for it to become blue then turn it on.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Helpmyswiftsf31552,

Did you try to charge it with different charger.
  • Helpmyswiftsf31552
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yep, it was the charger! I realized that there was a short in the cord. When I shook it, sometimes it  powered at 19 volts and other times there was close to no voltage. Thank you! 
  • billsey
    Options
    Good job. Let us k now if you run into anything else. :)