Acer Veriton N4640G - Turn off the Power on USB when completely turn off the PC.

Options
MarciG
MarciG Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello. I have Acer Veriton N4640G (Mini-Desktop) and I have a question.
Is there any way to turn off the power on USB when I completely turn off the PC? I don't put it to sleep but completely turn it off.
Yet when e.g. I have plugged with USB additional pad with cooling fans or LED lights, then it doesn't turn off when I turn off the PC.
I checked already BIOS, settings on Windows etc but nothing was helpful. I don't know which option I should search for.
The 'Power-Charging on USB' in Bios I have turned off. What else would be possible to do? Or there's nothing to do about it?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    Turn off Fast Start. 
  • MarciG
    Options
    It didn't change anything, still power in usb when the pc is turned off (but in charge cable)...
  • Larryodie
    Options
    Have you ENABLED Deep Power off mode ? In Bios. Here is a recent post that was solved.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1049041#Comment_1049041

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is it just the one port or do all USB ports provide power when the system has been shut down?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MarciG
    Options
    What I tried and no results:
    - in advanced battery settings - turned off something about usb
    - in battery settings a 'fast boot off'
    - bios disable 2 usb (thought then i could make them turn off by themselves when pc is shut down)
    - bios turn off charging by usb - no result
    - deep turn off mode in bios - no result

None of them worked and I don't see there this ETP or something like that what some people were mentioning...
    After trying every option of it, ALL usb are chargable/working when pc shut down (but the power cable is plugged)...
    So having extra cooling pad attached to it or LED lights won't turn off when i shut down the pc...
  • Larryodie
    Options
    does any off your devices have a wall wart ? Plugged into the wall as my speaker's LED stay on because it is AC supplied. 
    This is a laptop ? 
  • Larryodie
    Options
    Here is the manual. Check power saving and what the power button does. That is all that i know but You Tube has several long videos on the subject. 
    Here is the Users Manual. Good Luck. 
  • billsey
    Options
    The block diagram for the N4640G shows only one port active when the system is turned off:

It's on that 4.8Gb/S bus on the left. If all are on then it must have been a bug in the implementation of the design. The reason we had you disable Fast Start is Windows keeps the USB ports live during sleep if Fast Start is enabled. That allows a startup without needing to reinitialize the devices.
    Perhaps opaque tape on the offending devices lights? :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MarciG
    Options
    Okay, weird. I checked with the cooling pad and LED lights i wanted to use when i have PC turned on.
    So, this is a Mini-Desktop PC.
    And yeah I tried all of these USB ports, all of them worked.
    I have desktop plugged to the extension cord, or whatever it's called.
  • billsey
    Options
    Well darn, I guess I don't have a solution for you short of just unplugging them... :(
  • MarciG
    Options
    I'll think of any other solution maybe, though in Bios i guess i checked everything, same in Windows...
  • Ionuy24
    Ionuy24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello,

Problem solved!

Just push the On/Off button in front for a few seconds (5 sec.), release and the power on all usb ports will be off !

Tested! It works!

• billsey
    Options

That means you weren't actually shutting it off, it was either staying in fast start mode or going into a sleep mode. A long press of the power button does the same thing as a full shut down, except it doesn't allow Windows to safely close everything first.