XB271HU banding issues when coming out of standby/sleep

Options
Varroa
Varroa Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, I have an out of warranty XB271HU and when ever I come out of standby there is banding that shows up in the lower left hand corner of the monitor. The banding eventually fades away after 5 minutes but this is consistent every time. It happens when the monitor is not overclocked and when it is over clocked. Any suggestions? New firmware? I have tried the factory reset and here is my specs:

FW version 20160526_0_2434_14
HW revison 264 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Varroa,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.
  • Varroa
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me so fast, I will give that a try later today and let you know. However, I have a feeling this won't help since I have had the monitor unplugged previously for various desk upgrades and it was still there after plugging everything back in. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'd lean toward hardware wanting to warm up before it works right. Since you are out of warranty I'd just monitor it to see if it gets worse before contacting a tech for repairs. Likely it is in the power board, since that is the most likely to have components that are temperature sensitive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Varroa
    Options
    billsey said:
    I'd lean toward hardware wanting to warm up before it works right. Since you are out of warranty I'd just monitor it to see if it gets worse before contacting a tech for repairs. Likely it is in the power board, since that is the most likely to have components that are temperature sensitive.
    Maybe, but it doesn't happen from a cold start which should happen if that was the case.
  • Varroa
    Options
    Strange, I haven't noticed the banding after the factory reset, I will keep my eye open and update this thread if it comes back. Thanks for everybodies input!