CANON EOS 1200D software doesn't recognize camera - aspire A315-51

FrankHeuvelman
FrankHeuvelman Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I am frank from the netherlands and need a solution for an annoying problem.

I use a aspire A315-51 And have a problem with my canon eos software.
The problem is that my laptop detects the camera when I connect it, but the actual software can for some reason not make the connection.
I have this problem since I use W10.
The only chance for making it work is right after a fresh re-install of windows, but the moment I add an new app the connection gets lost again.
Canon offers no solution despite the fact that I can not believe that I'm the only one who has this problem so now I'm asking you guys, someone knows a solution?
It is really annoying because I can not use any of the nice tools the software offers and that pretty much sucks!

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>The only chance for making it work is right after a fresh re-install of windows, but the moment I add an new app the connection gets lost again.>>>

(1) What new apps? Any new app? Or a particular new app?
    (2) Is System Protection turned on BEFORE installing new app?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    FrankHeuvelman,

Install any app like Zoom or google meet and try to open through that. 
  • JackE
    >>>The only chance for making it work is right after a fresh re-install of windows, but the moment I add an new app the connection gets lost again.>>>

(1) What new apps? Any new app? Or a particular new app?
    (2) Is System Protection turned on BEFORE installing new app?

Jack E/NJ

• FrankHeuvelman
    FrankHeuvelman Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi Jack, thank you for your response.

1 - I mean apps to control and use added media hardware like USB/web cams or for instance VLC.

But at this moment my problem got even worse than that.
    After I had reformatted the SSD and installed W10 from scratch and secondly installed the latest version of EOS Utility, the problem had re-occurred but now even without installing anything but W10 as a whole.
    The only thing I added right after finishing installing W10, but before installing EOS Utillity, was installing the latest ACER driver updates I found on the ACER support site. That's all.

Now, when I look at the device manager, the added EOS camera shows up under:

"Portable Devices; MTP USB Device"

Looking at the actual device properties, it says: (quote)

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

And beyond that:

"{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Right now I am thinking to again install W10 from scratch but this time without adding anything extra like laptop drivers and directly try to install the EOS software to see if that does the trick.
    It feels a bit as if some essential service, responsible for connecting the software with the camera, doesn't start.

2 - System Protection at this point is irrelevant because I re-installed Windows10 from scratch, without anything to back up. (yet)

Greetz from me in the Netherlands.
  • JackE
    >>>After I had reformatted the SSD and installed W10 from scratch>>>

Aye!!! Did you also wipe out the hidden ACER OEM factory reset Win10 partition? This is not the same as the Microsoft generic Win10 using the media creation tool. Not only are the drivers different but some of the system files like DLLs may not be the same either.

Jack E/NJ