My Nitro gaming monitor seems to have issues - Nitro 5 515-55-73EM

PaulJooste1989
PaulJooste1989 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi Ladies and Gents.

I bought a Acer Nitro 5 515-55-73EM and along with the laptop I got the Nitro 5 gaming monitor (Nitro KG 272 model), mouse and head set. I am new to the community and working my way around it :) 

My issues is when my laptop goes into sleep mode and I wake it up the monitor goes completely snowy and loses it connection to the laptop. I'm using the HDMI port and cable to establish the connection between the monitor and the laptop. I usually have to pull the HDMI cable out of the laptop port to re-establish the connection between the two.

Then also when I purchased the whole package I see I received a additional HDD upgrade cable, at first I thought it was a SDD upgrade cable. Do you receive both the SDD and the HDD and I have lost the SDD one? Also do I lose my laptops warrantee if I install the HDD upgrade cable?

Regards

Acer Newbie 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• About the issue with hibernation, the same issue occurs when disabling fast startup in power options? On the other question, your model comes with a 1tb nvme ssd. Now, you can install a 2.5" ssd or hdd, see:

About the warranty, is there a warranty seal?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PaulJooste1989
    Hi egydiocoelho

I'm in the power options but it only gives me the battery meter plans. Should I change this from "High Performance" to "Balanced"? Where can I disable the fast startup in the power options

On the SSD question lol its so strange that I have an HDD now but I could of sworn it came with a SSD as well ( but I cant find it now) do b the serve the same purpose of additional storage?

Appreciate your help!
  • I'm in the power options but it only gives me the battery meter plans. Should I change this from "High Performance" to "Balanced"? Where can I disable the fast startup in the power options
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10  Tutorials
    On the SSD question lol its so strange that I have an HDD now but I could of sworn it came with a SSD as well ( but I cant find it now) do b the serve the same purpose of additional storage?

Your model comes with a 1tb nvme ssd. You can confirm in task manager, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PaulJooste1989
    Hi egydiocoelho

Apologies about the confusion about the SSD, I did not mean in the actual laptop itself as part of the laptop bundle I received extra hardware which was a additional HDD upgrade cable that I have to install myself the hardware, is not in the laptop already.

Thanks I found the disabling fast startup in power options :)
  • PaulJooste1989
    Monitor seems to be working now after I disabled the fast startup :)

Thank you so much for your help!
  • Apologies about the confusion about the SSD, I did not mean in the actual laptop itself as part of the laptop bundle I received extra hardware which was a additional HDD upgrade cable that I have to install myself the hardware, is not in the laptop already.

Exactly. Now you can install a 2.5" ssd or hdd sata 3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi3EK0pZ1qg

egydiocoelho Trailblazer