win 11 veriton x2611g motherboard

Bzykmen
Bzykmen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Windows 11
Hello, I have a desktop computer with a veriton x2611g motherboard, and the question is whether they do not have the option of switching legacy to uefi in bios, is there a possibility to update the bios to uefi or this motherboard is simply too old and there is no such possibility. The board also does not have a tpm 2.0 module, and the question here is whether I can expand my computer with this module with the above-mentioned motherboard, is there a compatible device, I searched but could not find anything, so I asked for help. The problem is that I am interested in updating to windows 11 and there are many obstacles. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Im afraid you may be out of luck if its not UEFI, the last release was over 7 years ago :( on the bright side Windows 10 has at least another 5 years of mainline support yet, and will probably get another 5 past that :) . I would be supprised if it wasnt transparently UEFI though :)

For the I think it will phsyically not have a TPM,  but you could work around that by using a USB one but there isnt a clear yay or nei from MS if they will be ok to use yet.  It *should* be ok though. At the moment they are a tad expensive so it would be better for the price to drop on them

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Im afraid you may be out of luck if its not UEFI, the last release was over 7 years ago :( on the bright side Windows 10 has at least another 5 years of mainline support yet, and will probably get another 5 past that :) . I would be supprised if it wasnt transparently UEFI though :)

For the I think it will phsyically not have a TPM,  but you could work around that by using a USB one but there isnt a clear yay or nei from MS if they will be ok to use yet.  It *should* be ok though. At the moment they are a tad expensive so it would be better for the price to drop on them
  • Bzykmen
    Thanks for the answer, I wonder how you can put in a computer from this year's disc so old, when buying it there was no such detailed specification, this is just proof that the computer crows yourself than to buy a ready case, in which case I will just replace the motherboard on uefi and tpm, or I will do it on my own when changing windows if it is possible after the premiere 11. Thank you very much for your help and best regards. :)

No problem, everything is gucci. Stay safe.
  • Bzykmen
    In the earlier computer, I even had the uefi and the ability to change, I was also surprised by the lack of it in this motherboard. I just noticed it when I wanted to change, hehe.

It's good to ask for help, it clears up the situation a lot, thanks again, I consider the topic closed.

I hit button, u help me alot.