How can I get reimbursed for this crazy 51$ shipping fee for broken monitor under warranty?

urteil
urteil Member Posts: 4 New User
I just had to pay 51$ to ship a defective monitor back to Acer and according to customer service I'm expected to both pay for the product and for the shipping costs ad nauseum? What if the problem isn't fixed the first time, or if the other monitors in my house decide to go? 

Surely there is an Acer representative here who can help make this right? At this point I'm looking to never buy another Acer product again.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • urteil
    I contacted customer support and they said they will send me a FedEx shipping label as a courtesy within 1 to 2 business days. I was able to get my package back and shipping cost refunded, and once the FedEx label hopefully comes - I'll be able to get my product repaired in a competitive manner.
  • MotoWPK
    MotoWPK Member Posts: 7 New User
    Good luck. I am attempting to receive a refund for a monitor for which Acer has had three, unsuccessful repair and replacements. When you mention refund, you are transferred to their level 2 support who have on various occasions; stated their warranty doesn't apply since the unit wasn't purchased by them (even though warranty states it does apply when purchased through an authorized reseller), will deny their warranty provides for a refund, even when you read this provision from their warranty, and will refuse to transfer you to a supervisor or manager to discuss (claiming they don't interact on the phone even though I've talked to a manager on two occasions).
  • urteil
    Well, unless my rep was lying - I'll get a FedEx label for my incident ID soon.
  • urteil
    Well I sure hope I get my FedEx mailing label by tomorrow, or its back into customer service to find out why I was lied to!