CPU fan stuck

NemoAM7
NemoAM7 Member Posts: 1 New User
My laptops CPUfan is stuck or jammed it works but not at the right rpm I tried opening it up and it really takes an effort to move it while gpu one moves with a touch. My assumption is dust is stuck on the rotors? But I can see how I can further open it to reveal the rotors

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Dust might clogged the fan motor or the axle is stuck. If your model number is older than an515-54 (an515-53, 52) and has front vent only, then you can unscrew the fan, take the blades out. If yours has front and side vents, you will have to take the whole heatsink out and unscrew little Philips head screw around the fan.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Dust might clogged the fan motor or the axle is stuck. If your model number is older than an515-54 (an515-53, 52) and has front vent only, then you can unscrew the fan, take the blades out. If yours has front and side vents, you will have to take the whole heatsink out and unscrew little Philips head screw around the fan.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @NemoAM7
    Could you please tell me modern name of device