Aspire XC 16660G I can't get the DVD drive to play a movie

NeonMan88
NeonMan88 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Just bought the Aspire XC 16660G. Everything works fine except I can't get the DVD drive to play a movie. It will detect that a DVD is inserted and will name the title but it won't play it. It redirects me to the Microsoft store where there are numerous DVD drives listed, some free and some not free. Do I have to download one of these? If it doesn't work right can I uninstall it and try downloading a different one? Love this computer because it's super fast and plays all of my games smoothly with improved graphics than previous intel graphics. Thanks people.

Best Answer

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    512Gb is always less than the stated size that is useable to the customer. You have 237+237= 474 
    Backup recovery storage and other "private"  system storage will make up the rest.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    You can use a media player like VLC.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • NeonMan88
    NeonMan88 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey everyone. I have a question about the Aspire XC 16660G I just bought. On the box and in the specifics it says that it is supposed to have 512 GB of SSD. Mine only says it has 237 GB. It has 237 GB in the Acer [C:] drive and 237 GB in the Data [D:] drive. Is this normal? So I really only have 237 GB to use???? Sorry to sound like an ***** but I'm not a computer wizard like some of you people here. Please help. Thank you.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    512Gb is always less than the stated size that is useable to the customer. You have 237+237= 474 
    Backup recovery storage and other "private"  system storage will make up the rest.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    For some reason they partitioned the drive into two partitions, the system and data partition you are seeing. In addition to those there are likely three very small partitions used for the boot process and for system recovery. In any case, the drive manufacturers use 1GB to reflect 1,000x1,000x1,000 or 1,000,000,000 bytes, programmers (and the OS) use 1024x1024x1024 or 1,073,741,824 bytes. 1GB from the drive manufacturers is 931MB in programming terms.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.