"No bootable device" on starting up predator Helios 300 PH315-52.

Mr30
Mr30 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
I'm facing the issue of no bootable device when starting up the device. As I press F2 on starting up it goes to a blue screen were it shows 3 HDDs. on HDD 0 it shows none.
HDD 1 and 2 it shows the details. I have a 128gb SSD and 1 tb HDD. On another tab it shows "sdd can't access the password from HDD" somthing like that. On the boot tab I don't have any access to change any options in it. 
What should I do.?
How bad is this issue?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• @Mr30

The cause of the issue is that the  Hard drive is not communicating with the motherboard.    It might be a cable issue or simply we might have to reseat the hdd. 

Let us do the basic steps first.   

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Mr30

Tinkerer

This is showing up 
  • Mr30

Tinkerer

@Mr30

The cause of the issue is that the  Hard drive is not communicating with the motherboard.    It might be a cable issue or simply we might have to reseat the hdd. 

Let us do the basic steps first.   

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

There was no pin hole for the device and the battery is built in. So I tried the the 3rd method you mentioned but still nothing.

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Mr30 said:

This is showing up 
    Your boot drive should usually be the HDD0 how many drives you have installed in total if 3 so the boot drive its not getting recognized might even be faulty i just find it weird have u moved your ssd from slots ?? just asking as you havent stated your full model number so not sure on how many m.2 slots yours have but seems to be 2

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Mr30
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • Mr30

Tinkerer

Hi @Mr30
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
    The model name is predator Helios 300 PH315-52.
  • Mr30

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    Mr30 said:

This is showing up 
    Your boot drive should usually be the HDD0 how many drives you have installed in total if 3 so the boot drive its not getting recognized might even be faulty i just find it weird have u moved your ssd from slots ?? just asking as you havent stated your full model number so not sure on how many m.2 slots yours have but seems to be 2
    I have total 3 slots but only using 1 SSD of 256 gb and 1 HDD of 1 TB , the slot which I'm not using can accommodate another SSD. I guess the bootup will be using the SSD, and maybe thats corrupted or something. Not sure. I haven't moved the SSD or HDD.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    See if your booting drive shows up as bootable drive in the bios if not  and if youre able to test it in another device at least to be able to backup something from it if as it might just be the boot partition corrupted and after try a stock recovery clean install as shown below delete everything assuming your recovery partition still intact :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleJNW3VTEs

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Try resetting the bios by pressing f9 and then f10.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mishra_Apoorv
    Mishra_Apoorv Member Posts: 1 New User
  • nujiqqq
    nujiqqq Member Posts: 1 New User

mine occurs during gaming and recently worsen, even idling or using google chrome will cause it to crash into blue screen of death and shows the no bootable device. i removed the ssd and insert it back a few times. now working fine for the pass 2 weeks, no sudden freezes, restarts or showing 'no bootable device'.

to be honest, i might actually be able to avoid this problem by not removing the ssd for the first time. I removed for the first time because i wanted to clean basically all of my component in this laptop. turns out this gesture 'might' actually be the main cause of this issue.

I am also using ph315-52 for the record. so have u removed your ssd before? if yes, please try to remove and insert until no issue. if not, then im not sure what is the real issue, u may need to buy a new ssd because the heat under the hood of this laptop is ***** high. it may cause ssd failure along the road.

thanks