Is it possible to install a BD Optical drive in Aspire XC -1660 versioon DTBGWEK003

rochep
rochep Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I need to replace my TC-605 with a Win 11  compatible Acer like the XC-1660

//Edited the content to add model name.​

Comments

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    rochep,

rochep said:
    I need to replace my TC-605 with a Win 11  compatible Acer like the XC-1660
    Yes, it is possible.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, it's pretty straight forward to replace the DVD drive with a Blue Ray...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • djeeno
    djeeno Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everybody, can someone help me out, i have an Acer Aspire XC-1660 I5 11th gen chip  want to install a dvdRW drive does anybody know what size do I need to fit or which one would be suitable the pc is a SFF one, Cheers
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @rochep and @djeeno

I would suggest buying an external USB 3.0 BD or DVD instead of installing an internal one. This is particularly good if you have multiple PCs.

Nowadays, people use DVD/BD less than before. No need to go through the hassel of installation and finding the proper connector for the drive.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The drive used in those models is a pretty standard slimline drive. There should have been little bracket parts included in the box.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.