WIFI download speed very slow on recently purchased Aspire TC-1660 - how to fix?

I recently purchased a Aspire TC-1660 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz. Works great except WIFI download speed is very slow. Our internet speeds are good, around 40mb/s, however on the Aspire TC-1660 the download speeds hover around 2mb/s. The tower is only a couple of metres from the modem. All other devices have good download speeds.

I've tried updating drivers, all up to date so not a driver issue. Disabling antivirus did nothing either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Answers

• Vittorio said:
    I recently purchased a Aspire TC-1660 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz. Works great except WIFI download speed is very slow. Our internet speeds are good, around 40mb/s, however on the Aspire TC-1660 the download speeds hover around 2mb/s. The tower is only a couple of metres from the modem. All other devices have good download speeds.

I've tried updating drivers, all up to date so not a driver issue. Disabling antivirus did nothing either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

If your TC-1880 is as you say..."The tower is only a couple of metres from the modem" then try your speeds with a LAN cable directly connected from your LAN plug into the modem first and see if the speeds are as slow as the WiFi/BT card are? If the cable LAN speed is faster then there is something wrong with your WiFi/BT card and/or its antenna wires are not connected properly, if the LAN cable speed is the same then there is something wrong with your "Network & Communication" section of your motherboard so send it back to Acer for warranty repair or replacement, as this should not be happening with a new desktop and/or a WiFi/BT card and with the LAN circuitries (if the LAN is the same low speed) and your modem is 100% working, as the "Network & Communication" components are very reliable and very rarely go wrong and/or are faulty. 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,429 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited September 2021
    Have you run Speedtest, Speedsmart or Speakeasy, check the download speeds. You'll only get about 3/4 of speed that you're paying for. So you should be getting about 30 Mb if you're close in proximity to the modem. That is if all other devices to the modem are muted. But with the LAN Cable you'll get very close to the advertised speed that you're paying for.  

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @Vittorio

If you are using 2.4 ghz wifi network try to connect to the same 5 ghz network and check.. 

If it is still not working, try the following steps and check.. 

Try windows x
    go to device manager
    expand network adapter 
    Right click on wifi adapter - uninstall
    restart the computer.  

If it is still not working properly

Go to website - support.acer.com 
    chose your country
    type the snid or chose the model no
    go to drivers 
    Install the wireless driver

Before installing the wireless driver go to device manager - uninstall the wireless driver.    Without restarting the computer - try to install the wireless driver from acer support website. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Larryodie
    The speed testers that I use.
    Be sure to close all running programs and stop any streaming on remote devices as they will affect the download speeds.
    https://www.speedtest.net/ Just hit GO
    https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/  Hit Start
    https://speedsmart.net/  Start SpeedSmart

I have a 100 Gb connection. This morning , my ACER TC-895 gets almost double, 171-205 Gb downloads on the 5ghz network but last night, speeds were only 3/4, 60 Gb to 90 Gb.
    A lots depends on the traffic of your server. 

• Larryodie
    A disclaimer as I just listed the 3 that I've used over the years, however they may not work in your locale. Also carefully read the instructions before you start as some advertising links are Maleware.