Aspire EasyStore HDD Failure RAID

tamf
tamf Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

I have an old Aspire EasyStore  ER.TR100.200E NAS and one of the 500 GB hdd has failed. I've replaced it but it will not recover.
On boot the HDD light flashes on one drive but all the HDD light are solid.
Cannot login to via the weblogin, says "the disks sequence are not valid. Please install the disk (s) from top-to-botton, no skip is allowed"

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    tamf,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• tamf
    Aspire EasyStore P/N ES.TR100.200E
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Those are pretty old, but my impression is they were configured with JBOD instead of RAID, so a disk failure is a failure rather than recoverable. How many drives do you have installed, and how were they configured?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tamf
    yes, pretty old now - I have 4x 500GB 7200rpm seagates....pretty certain is was RAID as i wanted to just be able to slot in a new drive if one died.
    I have tried also moving the hdd into different slots to see it that helped but all that heppens is the "flashing hdd light" moves from one slot to another. 
    All the drive seems to ininalise on bottup but only the one stays flashing, the other go solid 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    We're going to have to figure out which EasyStore model it is. Should be something like H34x-xxxxx. They came with various flavors of Windows Home Server or Server Essentials IIRC. By default they were not in RAID mode, and you configured things through an RDP session. They didn't have hardware RAID, so were pretty slow when configured in RAID5, a bit faster in RAID1 or RAID10, but still not great performance since the CPU was pretty low end.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @tamf
    Please tell me modern name of unit