Driver for Webcam Aspire V 15 VN7-572TG-775T

packb
packb Member Posts: 4 New User
The webcam will not work. I could find it hidden in Device manager but would not work. Deleted it as per instructions from others and now it does not show at all. No webcam driver is shown under Acer drivers. I need something to get this working. It appears this is not an isolated issue but I have found no specific fix for it and Acer does not provide a driver for it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    The camera is part of the USB system. Do you see any red or yellow warnings in the USB controllers folder in Device Manager? If yes, right click on the device and choose properties. Under the general tab click change settings button to turn the device on.

Jack E/NJ

• packb
    No, I do see unknown, hidden, under USB but I have nothing in red or yellow.
  • JackE
    Do you know approximately when it stopped working?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    packb,

Try to download driver from here

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/drivers
  • packb
    I believe it happened after a windows update. But I am not sure not used in a while.
  • packb
    Easwar said:
    The problem is it offers no webcam driver. I have tried these downloads.
  • JackE
    >>>But I am not sure not used in a while.>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection was turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see a restore point with a date stamp  a while ago when you last used it.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited September 2021
    packb,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. 

4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​