Clean installing Windows on new TravelMate P215-53

eNetworksGuy
eNetworksGuy Member Posts: 2 New User
Just thought I would save some people some head banging.
New TravelMate P215-53.  It comes with Windows 10 Home pre installed with lots of extra vender installed crapware.

I created Windows install media on USB using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  Boot the install media, but no internal drive is found.

Acer Tech support was stumped and could only offer to send me "Recovery Media".  Useless for what I was tiring to accomplish.

The issue is that the Windows install media does not have the storage drivers, so it can't see the internal drives.  I had to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver with Optane Memory and place it on USB. When the Windows setup doesn't see the internal drive, click the Load Drivers button and browse to the USB to load it.  Now you can install a clean copy of Windows!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,592 Trailblazer
    Yes, that is normal for any system using IRST. For some reason Microsoft doesn't include those drivers, even though it's a pretty common configuration.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.