PredatorSense in Predator Orion 3000 RTX 3060TI model PO3-620

Options
Studyhacks
Studyhacks Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Desktops
If I set the fan speed in PredatorSense from Auto to Game Mode, what will be the max fan speed of my gaming pc's fans in-game?

So far on Auto mode, the the fans (in the GPU row in MSI Afterburner for monitoring only) have reached a maximum fan speed of 2450 RPM (61 percent usage) in Red Dead Redemption 2. The thing is, if I get info on this, I'd like to try the "Game Mode" fan speed because according to HWInfo64, there's some thermal throttling in some games like RDR2 because on Ultra in RDR2 I reach the temp limit of the GPU (83 C) and that, according to HWInfo64, causes GPU throttling and as a result I only get 30-40 FPS on Ultra in 1080p in RDR2. 

So I need to know, because I don't wanna mess up my PC, what the max fan speed will be if I set it on "Game Mode" in PredatorSense instead of "Auto". Maybe that could solve my thermal throttling issue

To know which model I'm talking about, here's the specs of my prebuilt:

PO3-620

RTX 3060 Ti

i5 10400f

16GB DDR4 RAM 2667Mhz

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you fire up Predator Sense a lot of the models have fan control available. Look there to see the maximum RPM it supports. Game mode runs the fans based on CPU/GPU temperatures, just as normal, but has then running faster at the same temperatures the normal mode would keep them at. That creates more noise, but allows for slightly better performance.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.