OSD Feature Request: X34GS 16:9/5:9 Picture-By-Picture Mode

JeremyKingTechJeremyKingTech Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought this monitor and have been using it for a few weeks. I love it. But it's missing one feature that would make it perfect. I think the Acer Predator X34 GS would be the perfect gaming monitor if it supported a 16:9/5:9 Picture-By-Picture Mode.

It's my hope that the Acer Predator team takes notice and considers how useful this feature would be for gamers.

Hopefully other members will see this and add their comments to gain some traction.

Here's why - The use case is a Twitch/Youtube etc. game/desktop streamer:

As someone coming from a 3 monitor setup, moving to a single 34 inch ultrawide has freed up an immense amount of desktop space. And I love it.

The extra width has helped me in my video production work but the *only area* that I find it a bit difficult to work with is when I'm streaming 16:9 games.

It's ideal to have OBS (Opern Broadcast Software) with chat apps open beside a full screen game so that you can monitor your stream as well as keep up with the chat.

Of course one could use PiP instead of PbP but it's much more clunky and demands relying on zoning apps that aren't pixel perfect.

**The Best Solution** would be to have your monitor in Picture by Picture mode with the game running in fullscreen 16:9 on one side while the other side in 5:9 has your streaming software (OBS in my case) and chat/browser apps etc.

2 desktops combined into one with aspect ratios that are useful for running a 16:9 game in fullscreen while still being able to view your game streaming software and chat apps.

This would be the ultimate game streaming monitor if only the X34 GS Predator supported this mode in the OSD. It would be so much more useful than an equal split down the center of the monitor.

Is it possible for the Acer Predator Team to add this to a firmware update for the X34 GS?

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,988 Trailblazer
    You would likely be best served to communicate this to Acer via the support channel rather than here. We're a community support forum and the only Acer people who are here are the moderators. They have no better access into developers or marketing (who really decide what the developers will develop) than anyone else.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JeremyKingTechJeremyKingTech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your input on this, billsey. I'll leave it up in hopes that other community members see it as well. Hopefully others will also contact Acer and we can make this possible.

Do you have a suggestion on exactly how to contact Acer regarding getting this on the radar of someone who could actually help make this a reality?
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,988 Trailblazer
    Contacting Acer is handled differently in different locales. For the USA there's a "Contact Acer" link near the bottom of the main page.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.