I can’t factory reset laptop and am hard stuck please help

AD0llA
AD0llA Member Posts: 2 New User
So essentially I have a old acre laptop in which I didn’t know the password for so I was factory resetting it and when I did it died during the windows install part yeah I know I’m dumb and now it is on a infinite loop so I go back into alt f10 and I can’t reset windows thing because I need to be an account administrator to do anything but even if I wanted to when I try to boot it back into just normal it does the infinite boot up and when trying to factory reset again it gets to 13 and I get an error I haven’t tried the other factory reset where it cleans the drive but I wanted to do this as a last ditch effort and am on a support call but can’t talk to the acer people because my product is out of warranty so what do I do please help any1

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry, forum rules don't allow discussions on bypassing passwords or other security features. You can arrange for out-of-warranty ACER service in your country or visit a local laptop repair shop for an estimate.

Jack E/NJ

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    AD0llACould you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @AD0llA,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​