fps inconsistent A515-45-R79S

Yaqoby
Yaqoby Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer Aspire, and I get fps drops in fortnite battle royale, Im not sure if my laptop is just trash or if theres a problem, please help.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    It might help if you could reveal your full ACER model number. There are hundreds of different models and hard to guess which one you have.

If you've had the laptop for more than a year of game playing, intermittent FPS drops suggest that you need to repaste the heat sink to the CPU/GPU with ArcticMX4 or Kryonaut thermal conductive paste. This is normal maintenance that should be done periodically.

Jack E/NJ

• Yaqoby
    Yaqoby Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

A515-45-R79S
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Sorry, while this model is suitable for medium power demand gaming, it is not considered a true gaming laptop.  It does not have an independent graphics adapter with it's own memory that is recommended for this game. Accordingly, the game's power depends are placed entirely on the CPU chip and its integrated graphics adapter and heats up.  Once CPU temps reach about 90*C, it starts to throttle power output to reduce temperature and the game will start to stutter. About all I can recommend is to make sure the laptop airvents are clear and sitting well above a hard surface and perhaps get an auxiliary laptop cooler.

Jack E/NJ