Brand New Predator P03-620 locking up?

RyuBlaize
RyuBlaize Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I purchased a brand new Predator Orion 3000 this week and I love it, it's amazing! BUT! Every once in a while... it locks up. It's just for 1 or 2 seconds at a shot and it doesn't happen often, but this is a brand new system, it shouldn't be doing this. Does anyone have any experience with this glitch and/or know how to fix it?

Some extra info:
It's not overheating, the temperature has yet to go over 75c
The lock up has happened a handful of times, each time I've only been running Google Chrome (youtube), Discord, and a couple times I've also been running a game (F76 and Powerwash Simulator so far)
The only change I've made to the hardware is adding a secondary 1tb harddrive, but none of the stuff I've been doing when it's locked up has had anything to do with the secondary drive.

Answers

• @RyuBlaize

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

@RyuBlaize

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.  Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

Thank you so much for this incredibly in depth response! Unfortunately, my post is regarding the Predator Orion 3000 Desktop, not a laptop. I apologize for not being clear in my original post.
  • RyuBlaize said:
    I purchased a brand new Predator Orion 3000 this week and I love it, it's amazing! BUT! Every once in a while... it locks up. It's just for 1 or 2 seconds at a shot and it doesn't happen often, but this is a brand new system, it shouldn't be doing this. Does anyone have any experience with this glitch and/or know how to fix it?

Some extra info:
    It's not overheating, the temperature has yet to go over 75c
    The lock up has happened a handful of times, each time I've only been running Google Chrome (youtube), Discord, and a couple times I've also been running a game (F76 and Powerwash Simulator so far)
    The only change I've made to the hardware is adding a secondary 1tb harddrive, but none of the stuff I've been doing when it's locked up has had anything to do with the secondary drive.

First, what is the exact model number? Anyway and what I would do, is to make sure that all the window updates are to the last updates and also update all your drivers e.g. NVIDIA graphics etc as there could be a conflict within these drivers and they need updating. With the Intel drivers, I would suggest that you also install their "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" that updates and looks at all the "Devices and Drivers" like Processor, Graphics, Audio, Networking and I/O, Memory and Storage. Also make sure that you go to "Clean up system files" in "This PC" right click on your boot drive > Properties > Disk Cleanup to get to "Clean up system files" and get rid of all the unwanted files there, to free up space and to make sure that no backed up updates are causing errors to your system? try all these steps first and see if that will fix your problem.
  • RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    First, what is the exact model number? Anyway and what I would do, is to make sure that all the window updates are to the last updates and also update all your drivers e.g. NVIDIA graphics etc as there could be a conflict within these drivers and they need updating. With the Intel drivers, I would suggest that you also install their "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" that updates and looks at all the "Devices and Drivers" like Processor, Graphics, Audio, Networking and I/O, Memory and Storage. Also make sure that you go to "Clean up system files" in "This PC" right click on your boot drive > Properties > Disk Cleanup to get to "Clean up system files" and get rid of all the unwanted files there, to free up space and to make sure that no backed up updates are causing errors to your system? try all these steps first and see if that will fix your problem.

Hey! thank you so much for your response! To answer your first question, the model number for the Predator Orion 3000 is "Predator P03-620"
    As for your suggestions - I installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and it prompted me to install their bluetooth and wireless drivers, then restart. After restarting my system was no longer capable of turning Bluetooth On. It recognized that I had bluetooth devices attached to it since I use a bluetooth headset and mouse, but it said Bluetooth was Off and the usual toggle to turn it on was no longer present. I had to uninstall the Intel Bluetooth Driver to get it to switch back on again, it was very weird.
    I also ran the disk cleanup and whatnot but since it's a brand new system that I've barely loaded anything onto as of yet, I'm not altogether sure how much that'll help, but I really do hope it does. If you, or anyone else, has any fur
  • RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Hey! thank you so much for your response! To answer your first question, the model number for the Predator Orion 3000 is "Predator P03-620"
    As for your suggestions - I installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and it prompted me to install their bluetooth and wireless drivers, then restart. After restarting my system was no longer capable of turning Bluetooth On. It recognized that I had bluetooth devices attached to it since I use a bluetooth headset and mouse, but it said Bluetooth was Off and the usual toggle to turn it on was no longer present. I had to uninstall the Intel Bluetooth Driver to get it to switch back on again, it was very weird.
    I also ran the disk cleanup and whatnot but since it's a brand new system that I've barely loaded anything onto as of yet, I'm not altogether sure how much that'll help, but I really do hope it does. If you, or anyone else, has any further suggestions as to how I could get these weird lock ups to stop, I'd be glad to hear it!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @RyuBlaize,

You are saying system is locking up is it asking for any password. 
  • RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @RyuBlaize,

Not that kind of locking. Locking up as in Freezing. It Freezes for a few seconds. It doesn't ask for a password. It just stops. Everything stops for a few seconds, then it starts working again.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @RyuBlaize,

Easwar said:
    Hi @RyuBlaize,

Not that kind of locking. Locking up as in Freezing. It Freezes for a few seconds. It doesn't ask for a password. It just stops. Everything stops for a few seconds, then it starts working again.
    That kind of freezing may caused by cables that connected to the monitor aswell. Try to connect the pc with other monitor and check the issue.  
  • RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @RyuBlaize,
    That kind of freezing may caused by cables that connected to the monitor aswell. Try to connect the pc with other monitor and check the issue.  
    I use two monitors (One Dell and one Samsung) and they both lock up. I don't think it's a monitor connection problem.
  • yess
    yess Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2021
    My new Predator 

PO3-630 

Also locks up, first i thought my games were crashing, then i realized its computer hardware issue / software / driver issue. Theres also audible error and screen colors  into pink. Probably something ***** with the GPU. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,712 Trailblazer
    I'd be looking seriously at what is running when the lockups happen. You said it was pretty much stock except the added drive, but if you are running a game it obviously has some added software as well. When a driver or app asks for the PCIe bus the rest of the system is halted while that transfer takes place then the task releases it's lock on the bus and everything else goes back to normal. That typically takes a very, very short period of time. Sometimes, however, the task locks the bus, but then doesn't release it. After a while the system sees the issue and forces release. The symptom of that type of error is everything freezes for a second or two, including the mouse, then releases and things run as normal, until the next time. If that's what's happening here we will want to try and pin down what's causing it and reinstall/update/remove as appropriate.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RyuBlaize

Tinkerer

I stopped letting Predator Senses run while I was doing stuff and the lock ups stopped happening... Apparently, according to other forums I found online, this has been an ongoing problem with this program for a couple years. no idea why it hasn't been fixed, but at least I don't lock up anymore.