My HDMI has stopped putting out a signal AN515-53

DaveBen
DaveBen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I've owned my AN515-53 since 2018 now. It's been a pretty good laptop, i've done the repaste, ram upgrade and SSD. The entire time i've owned it, i've made use of the HDMI to run a small TV as a second display. It's been invaluable for school work. Roughly a week ago, I packed everything up to move back to school. Everything was working fine. I packed everything up, and left the laptop with me to watch TV until I fell asleep. When I was using it, I went to turn my fans down with NitroSense because they were being loud. Well, it wouldn't open. I tried several fixes and eventually stumbled across one on reddit which was to run ".\lodctr /R". Here is the link to it, https://www.reddit.com/r/AcerNitro/comments/hk5kld/nitrosense_not_loading/. After this, everything was working so I watched TV and fell asleep. The next day I move into school, set everything up and no signal from the HDMI. I have tried every recommended fix you could imagine at this point. Clear and reinstall drivers, unplug everything, system file check, everything. 3 days ago it decided to randomly display for maybe 30s and then stopped, no clue why. 

I feel I should mention I am a computer science student, and typically don't have issues solving things like this. This has me completely stumped. I probably should have checked the microsoft doc for lodctr before running it but, it was late and I was tired of NitroSense not opening. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• DaveBen
    DaveBen Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2021
    Another bit I forgot to mention. I do use the throttlestop profiles recommended here, and now receive an error anytime throttlestop opens. The error reads "Error creating service: Service already exists"
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ DaveBen

You may experience problems with your HDMI port if you're using an incorrect graphics driver or it's out of date. You should try updating or reinstalling your graphics driver and see if this helps you resolve your problem