Enable inertia for mouse/pointer for any touchpad software that will run on A315-51

outofpocket
outofpocket Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello - I am looking for any software that will drive my touchpad on an Aspire A315-51 laptop that will provide mouse inertia.
I've gotten so used to using this capability elsewhere and find it enormously useful.
There was another post earlier this year that had the same request for other Acer machines.
that got basically a canned response with no solution.
I have downloaded Elan 13.6.9.4 and Synaptics 19.0.25.8 drivers from the A315-51 support page and neither of them help.
I have searched for regedit tweaks that might work - but nothing so far.
So if there's someone out there that has gotten a mouse to work with inertia please speak up.
Many TIA!!

Answers

• Hi! Is your touchpad an elantech or synaptics? Maybe this link can help you: https://qastack.com.br/superuser/700348/how-do-i-enable-momentum-aka-inertia-on-a-notebook-with-an-elan-touchpad
    Now, the problem is that windows itself controls the touchpad functions.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • outofpocket
    outofpocket Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello and thx for your comment.  the article you point to refers to an Elan touchpad (in a Lenovo laptop).  The one that is listed in my device manager is referred to as "HID-compliant touch pad" and I can't seem to change that.  Although the mouse is listed as ELAN I2C Filter Driver version 13.6.10.2

I have searched the registry for the keys mentioned but they are not there.
    Thx again,
    Dave
  • Can you check if this tab provides other functions for the touchpad?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)