fps drops Aspire5

Yaqoby
Yaqoby Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Laptop freaks out when i plug it in drops from 160 to 12, 40, 30,ect.i tried searching button in the control panel and did what the other post said, but only for a bit.
I have a Acer Aspire5

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @Yaqoby

Try these fixes:

Install all Windows updates
    Change your PC power plan
    Update your graphics driver
    Close all background programs
    Stop using skins with effects
    Lower in-game graphics settings
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    >>>Laptop freaks out when i plug it in drops >>>

Probably because the battery has dropped below about 50% charge level unplugged. When that happens, battery charging takes precedent over GPU power demand when charger is plugged in. So GPU is forced to reduce power and thus FPS. For maximum play time, battery should be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE starting heavy GPU gaming loads.

Jack E/NJ

• Yaqoby

Tinkerer

Thanks, forgot to add the frames are rando, first the frames are on 160  then 70 for a bit then 60.Its just random
  • JackE
    If you haven't done so in a year or two already, you need to change the thermal paste between the heat sinks and CPU/GPU with ArcticMX4 or Kryonaut

Jack E/NJ

• Yaqoby

Tinkerer

I got it a week a ago or so.
  • JackE
    What do you mean by "a week ago or so" !!!!!!???? Immediately return this laptop to the seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the seller's return merchandise authorization (RMA) policy period expires --- usually only a  week or two "or so". If you wait too long to return it for a refund or exchange, then you'll have to use ACER warranty service which will take longer and require either shipping or personally delivering the laptop to the closest ACER service center..

Jack E/NJ

• manutsesame
    manutsesame Member Posts: 4 New User
    also after refund i have to mention that you should buy a NON ACER one