Aspire 3 I don't see the right category for my answer, but i wanted to report Russian Acer Support.

Scripach
Scripach Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi. I have an issue, which i will mention in different topic in community. Strictly speaking, my JBL headset with microphone starts to identify as headphones without mic on my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 3. I spoke with Microfost Support for 6 hours and installed different versions of Realtek drivers, but i didn't helped, so i wrote to Acer. My message: "I installed Microsoft High Defenition Device" and Realtek dialogue window, where i choose wether plugged device is headphone, headset or mic, stops to pop up. I tried multiple versions of drivers and Microsoft Tech support didn't help." Official Acer Support: "Mentioned configuration of this model (wrote with grammar mistake) don't have RGB lightning." And this case was noted as "complete". How is this suppose to help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    >>>my JBL headset with microphone starts to identify as headphones without mic on my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 3. >>>

This often happens because the four-element 3.5mm TRRS headset plug's S-sleeve doesn't fit well into the 3.5mm laptop jack. These are not precise 3.5mm plugs or jacks. Try to press the plug deeper in the jack and apply pressure on the plug so that its sleeve makes better contact with the external jack barrel to see if the mic is recognized.

Jack E/NJ

• Scripach
    Scripach Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    >>>my JBL headset with microphone starts to identify as headphones without mic on my Windows 10 Acer Aspire 3. >>>

This often happens because the four-element 3.5mm TRRS headset plug's S-sleeve doesn't fit well into the 3.5mm laptop jack. These are not precise 3.5mm plugs or jacks. Try to press the plug deeper in the jack and apply pressure on the plug so that its sleeve makes better contact with the external jack barrel to see if the mic is recognized.

I still don't think its hardware problem. To clearify once more, headset itself mic and headphones still works. I used it with my laptop. The Realtek programm where you specify what audio hardware is plugged in (headset/headphone/mic) don't work. I don't really think, that if i just changed audio drivers the whole headset, audio card or maybe input just brakes.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Yes, but in your other thread you decided to use Microsoft High Defenition Device instead of Realtek drivers and since then your headset is recognised only as headphones. You apparently started changing audio drivers or control panels around because of some issue with SoundPad. Forget SoundPad. We want to get back to where you were before the headset mic problem started. Please either stay on this thread or the other thread, NOT both. It only further confuses the issue and slows trying to fix this.

Jack E/NJ