touchpad driver for Aspire V3-772G

Da7im
Da7im Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Recently the hard disk (HDD) broke down, so I replaced it with a hard disk (SSD). After installing the system, I could not install the touchpad driver permanently. I tried all available methods.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

@Da7im, Sad to know that you have issue installing the Touchpad driver. In order to narrow down the issue and find the root cause, I would like to know few information. 

May I know the OS installed in the newly replaced SSD?

May I know the process how you installed the OS in to the newly added SSD? 

What happens exactly when you try to install touchpad driver? 

Awaiting for response. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Da7im
    Da7im Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello!!

the OS installed in the newly replaced SSD is Windows 10

I downloaded the driver from the Acer website and it installed normally but when I put my finger on the touchpad the mouse vibrates the wrong way
    As if there is more than one finger on the touchpad

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @Da7im

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard .    You can see the hand symbol with fingers .   That denotes the touchpad function key.   On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7.    So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model .   If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work.     

On some old laptop models there will be a separate button right  next to touch pad area which is beow the space bar.  It is used to turn on and off the touch pad.  On some old models it will be right next to power button.   On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad. 

If you would like to disable and enable the touchpad, please press and hold  fn key on the keyboard and then press f6 or f7 once.    If the touchpad is not getting disabled you can either press f6 alone or f7 alone without holding the fn key.      It is used to enable or disable the touchpad..   
    After disabling and enabling the touchpad check how it is working.. 

If it is still not working 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad driver 

Note: Please install the i/o drivers first and then install the touchpad driver. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★