Aspire E5-571 Full locked bios INSYDEH20 3.7

Waitlukasz
Waitlukasz Member Posts: 9 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I be owner of E5-571, I will disable security boot.
ALL options are be grey, and unable to move to them by keyboard.

All are mean everything on all sections.

As well I can't setup supervisor password.
Only possible to choice options are be time and data choice. 
Already I'm trying clear CMOS and operation be successful - time and data was reset.

Bios version is 3.7 1.32.
How I can get access to any options on BIOS of my laptop?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>Bios version is 3.7 1.32.>>>

Turn machine on and IMMEDIATELY tap F2 to enter BIOS. Version number should be on INFORMATION tab. Please state version number in this tab. Then press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save defaults. Then re-enter BIOS menu and try to change defaults again. If it still doesn't work, did you ever try to update the BIOS firmware on this machine?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    Thanks for quick response, F9 are not working ( showing grey as unavailable) bios version 1.32 updated few months ago by tool from Acer website.
  • admin2
    admin2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2021
    hummm good job dude 
  • JackE
    >>>bios version 1.32 updated few months ago by tool from Acer website. >>>

What problem were you trying to fix with the BIOS version 1.32 update?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    Boot section as well, this is my second time of try install windows 7 on this laptop. Never have same problem on any PC or laptop. USB boot are not working from begging.
  • JackE
    edited September 2021
    >>>bios version 1.32 updated few months ago by tool from Acer website. >>>Boot section as well, this is my second time of try install windows 7 on this laptop>>>

Sorry, WIN7 must be installed in Legacy BIOS mode on an MBR partitioned HDD using an MBR partitioned FAT32 formatted USB boot drive. WIN7 can't be installed in UEFI mode on a GPT partitioned HDD. If you can't change the BIOS menu, the BIOS 1.32 update probably corrupted the firmware. What problem were you trying to fix with the BIOS 1.32 update?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    JackE said:
    >>>bios version 1.32 updated few months ago by tool from Acer website. >>>Boot section as well, this is my second time of try install windows 7 on this laptop>>>

Sorry, WIN7 must be installed in Legacy BIOS mode on an MBR partitioned HDD using an MBR partitioned FAT32 formatted USB boot drive. WIN7 can't be installed in UEFI mode on a GPT partitioned HDD. If you can't change the BIOS menu, the BIOS 1.32 update probably corrupted the firmware. What problem were you trying to fix with the BIOS 1.32 update?

Trying get support for external HDD, previous bios are be very old version 1.26 if I good remember.

How I can get back to old bios?

• JackE
    v1.26 already supported external HDD. To get v1.26 back is even riskier and may completely disable your machine. Do you still want to try?  You still won't be able to install Windows7 on the HDD that you now have Windows10 on. 

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    JackE said:
    v1.26 already supported external HDD. To get v1.26 back is even riskier and may completely disable your machine. Do you still want to try?  You still won't be able to install Windows7 on the HDD that you now have Windows10 on. 
    Currently I don't have any windows installed - HDD fully format, bootable pendrive with win 7 installation prepared. After installation I got security boot fail notification. So my only option is get back to 1.26 bios and disable secure boot.
  • Waitlukasz
    this one I got after format HDD
  • JackE
    What was the factory installed operating system?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    JackE said:
    What was the factory installed operating system?
    Windows 8.1
  • JackE
    >>>Currently I don't have any windows installed - HDD fully format, >>>
    >>>Windows 8.1 >>>>

(1) Did you make a  backup of the Win8.1 before you formatted the HDD?
    (2) If not, what partitions did you format? There were at least 3 partitions two of which were hidden.
    (3) Did you change HDD from GPT partitioning scheme to MBR partitioning scheme?
    (4) If you don't know, what software did you use to format the HDD?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    JackE said:
    >>>Currently I don't have any windows installed - HDD fully format, >>>
    >>>Windows 8.1 >>>>

(1) Did you make a  backup of the Win8.1 before you formatted the HDD?
    (2) If not, what partitions did you format? There were at least 3 partitions two of which were hidden.
    (3) Did you change HDD from GPT partitioning scheme to MBR partitioning scheme?
    (4) If you don't know, what software did you use to format the HDD?
    1.Win 8.1 are be updated to 10 by Microsoft tool, don't have backup.
    2.Format all on win 7 instal process, all partitions deleted. Then assign 1 partition for Windows and 2 automatically generated by Windows installer.
    3.Yes windows installer do it.
  • JackE
    Does the Microsoft Win10 USB drive still boot?

Jack E/NJ

• Waitlukasz
    JackE said:
    Does the Microsoft Win10 USB drive still boot?
    No have win 10 instalation, after format HDD on windows 7 installation is security boot fail when trying load Win7 or I can proceed again to Win7 instalation on USB
  • JackE
    >>>1.Win 8.1 are be updated to 10 by Microsoft tool, don't have backup.>>>

You must try to make a bootable Win10 installation USB drive using Microsoft's media creation tool. If you upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10, you must've used this  Microsoft tool before. We must try to boot the machine in UEFI mode that the corrupted BIOS is locked into.

Jack E/NJ