Hurray for Acer / Nitro sense / new light ideas for keyboard Nitro 5 AN515-55

hookdk
hookdk Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Ok it's sadly seldom I can say I support Acer anymore... and my next laptop probably not going to be one (after buying a Nitro 5 AN515-55 last year - that as example had a bit more bad screen after manufacturing maybe had been a bit rough assembling it... alot more white around screen corners when suppose to be black as example... AND the keyboard started loosing its prints after a few months.. and I am even using an external keyboard mostly... Just have gone too much into "cost benefit" - and I have serval Acer laptops also another Nitro 5 where build quality seemed alot better)...

BUT with this said though..... Ofc Acer need to be told when they do something good... I a bit late discovered that there this year had come an update to my Nitro sense "centre" (I usually only look for BIOS updates).... So I ofc updated it... DId not immidiately see any changes... BUT though some time ago I red a user saying that it should be possible in Nitro Sense to turn off the 30 seconds timeout for the keyboard lights.... AND that was surprisingly there now after the update - that's well done from Acer's side in this case.... but a special wish from my side also.. could be if it was possible to change the "scenes" of the keyboard light from command prompt or something the like.. That would be so terrific awesome if that was possible... Then it would be possible in different scenarios to make the light actually mean something..... Like if u have gotten a new messages or what not (when u are not using the laptop)....

OK so to make it simple..... If it was possible from command prompt to do like this (with as example the keybaord set to turn off lights after 30 sec - and with already as example selected a static scene) - from command prompt then: Turn off 30 second timeout (so lights now are on all the time)..... Change lights to dynamic lights, breathing (as example) and with a RGB numeric number like #FF0000 (for red as example).......... SO after have been running this from command prompt the keyboard lights now will be turned on all the time in red dynamical breathing mode)...

That would be awesome... ACER !! 

Thanks 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title