I have a Aspire 7 (A715-71G-57A2) can i upgrade my 1 tb hdd to 1tb ssd or not?

ZaJoe
ZaJoe Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
 i wanted to know if i can add an ssd m.2 1tb and add an 8gb ddr4 ram and wich is compatible with this model and id u can show me how to do it would be great 
and in the fututer can i upgrade my 1 tb hdd to 1tb ssd or not?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can add or change up to 2TB m.2 SSD card. You can also add or change up to 2TB 2.5" HDD/SSD. You can also upgrade RAM with two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2400MHz or faster for a total of 32GB RAM maximum. You can remove one screw on the 2.5" HDD/SSD door to find out if the 2.5" socket is free. You can also remove one screw on the RAM door to change the sodimm modules. If the HDD socket is free this means the m.2 socket has an m.2 card already. You must remove 17 screws from bottom cover and remove it to change or add up to a 2TB m.2 SSD card.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>so what do u recommedn me to get>>>

Just buy whatever speed DDR4 RAM is cheaper. 2400MHz will be fine.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can add or change up to 2TB m.2 SSD card. You can also add or change up to 2TB 2.5" HDD/SSD. You can also upgrade RAM with two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2400MHz or faster for a total of 32GB RAM maximum. You can remove one screw on the 2.5" HDD/SSD door to find out if the 2.5" socket is free. You can also remove one screw on the RAM door to change the sodimm modules. If the HDD socket is free this means the m.2 socket has an m.2 card already. You must remove 17 screws from bottom cover and remove it to change or add up to a 2TB m.2 SSD card.

Jack E/NJ

• ZaJoe

Tinkerer

thank you so much 
    so u said (ou can also upgrade RAM with two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2400MHz or faster) that means that i can add a new ram with the one who is in already and what is the maximum Hz for the ram and can u recommend me one to add
  • ZaJoe

Tinkerer

add that i need to upgrade it bcs i cant handle big online games like gta v and editing softwares like premiere pro so what do u recommedn me to get
  • ZaJoe said:
    thank you so much 
    so u said (ou can also upgrade RAM with two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2400MHz or faster) that means that i can add a new ram with the one who is in already and what is the maximum Hz for the ram and can u recommend me one to add
    The recommended supports maximum memory size for your laptop is 32GB and the speed for memory for your A715-71G is either DDR4-2133Mhz or max DDR4-2400Mhz 1.2V 260-pin DDR4 SODIMM type memory which is 1x 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz modules into its 2x memory slot that is what JackE is saying. Go here to Crucial System Scanner and scan your A718-71G as this will advise you of the exact hard drives and memory that is compatible with your A715-71G.

Note:
    the Crucial scanner sometimes recommends more max memory than what is OEM and what is recommended for your laptop by Acer (like I've listed above) so read this article from Crucial as they explain what and how their scan works "Why Does Crucial® Recommend a Higher Maximum Ram Limit for My System Than the System Manufacturer?"
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>so what do u recommedn me to get>>>

Just buy whatever speed DDR4 RAM is cheaper. 2400MHz will be fine.

Jack E/NJ