Battery issue - Aspire E1-570

Istiak
Istiak Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop model is Aspire E1-570. It is almost 8 years old. last time i faced a problem with my laptop battery. It's design capacity have reached 14% and i can't use my laptop without electricity. which means my laptops battery died. So, i've to change the battery. I'm using it now. After watching some videos on youtube about acer care center, i realized that it will be beneficial if i restrict my battery charging to 80% or less. Now i can't find "acer care center" app for my model. Is this possible to install the app and use it in my device? if it is not then what will be the alternative to restrict battery charging ???
Thanks in advance....

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Istiak
    Istiak Member Posts: 6 New User
    Easwar said:
    actually i tried these. not worked. there is a not in acer care center page which is "Acer Care Center can be installed on any Acer consumer PC that was manufactured after 2014 and runs Windows 8.1 or any more recent Windows OS"
    i checked my manufacture date which was 2013. so, i can't run it in my pc. but if any alternative is there to restrict the charging percentage???
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Istiak,

Istiak said:
    Easwar said:
    actually i tried these. not worked. there is a not in acer care center page which is "Acer Care Center can be installed on any Acer consumer PC that was manufactured after 2014 and runs Windows 8.1 or any more recent Windows OS"
    i checked my manufacture date which was 2013. so, i can't run it in my pc. but if any alternative is there to restrict the charging percentage???
    Then it's better to reset the system it will reload the OS.

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​