Picking the right upgrade RAM - tc-895

PDOUGKLEIN
PDOUGKLEIN Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
So in this thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/990840 there was mention of "if you install 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz JEDEC modules you don't have to do anything in BIOS, it will run at 2666MHz." I want to buy RAM to upgrade my tc-895 (still being shipped) and don't want to suffer slower speeds like the OP did. But I don't know how to find RAM that fits this description. Does anyone have a utility or reference for this? If I look at the responder's PC benchmark profile, it shows this RAM, but I don't know where to look for mention of JEDEC. Kingston ACR26D4S9S8ME-8 2x8GB

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• @PDOUGKLEIN

Kindly go through the details given below.   The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• PDOUGKLEIN

Tinkerer

Thanks @William_mk2. I'm well aware of the Crucial site - I actually helped build it. :) I have looked at the recommendations, but my question is specifically about JEDEC and how to find that memory, following up on the thread I linked above. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    If the memory is called "PC4-21333" or "PC4-21300", it is correct. Different memory manufacturers use different numbers, but either of those should do.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PDOUGKLEIN

Tinkerer

Gotcha. So that 21333 model number can be 2666 MHz?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,454 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    So in this thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/990840 there was mention of "if you install 2x16GB DDR4 2666MHz JEDEC modules you don't have to do anything in BIOS, it will run at 2666MHz." I want to buy RAM to upgrade my tc-895 (still being shipped) and don't want to suffer slower speeds like the OP did. But I don't know how to find RAM that fits this description. Does anyone have a utility or reference for this? If I look at the responder's PC benchmark profile, it shows this RAM, but I don't know where to look for mention of JEDEC. Kingston ACR26D4S9S8ME-8 2x8GB

//Edited the content to add model name.

Aspire Pro Series TC-895 - tower - Core i7 10700 2.9 GHz - 16 GB - SSD 512 GB, HDD 1 TB Specs memory specs:

• Max Supported Size - 32 GB
    • Form Factor - DIMM 288-pin
    • Technology - DDR4 SDRAM
    • Memory Speed - 2933 MHz
    • Features unbuffered
    • Technology DDR4 SDRAM
    • Rated Memory Speed 3200 MHz

• EDSX
    EDSX Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thank you so much for this information. I recently purchased and bought a new TC-875, which has the exact same memory specifications to use. I will be purchasing 2 16 GB 2666 sticks to use in my new machine, but it's nice to know that I can currently install the 2 16GB 2400 sticks that I already have from my old TC-780 until I can make that purchase.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The service guide says:
    The 21333 or 21300 number is part of the DDR4 spec, 1333 x 2 MT/s.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.