How do I change the BIOS and/or Identity Card to reflect the correct information on my eMachines?

Options
AdmiralJRK2021
AdmiralJRK2021 Member Posts: 1 New User
So I bought my eMachines ET1331-45 about a decade ago, and somewhere down the line I did do a BIOS update.  Ever since that update, though, the information contained within both the BIOS and in the Identity Card for my eMachines product remain both inaccurate and incomplete.  It should have my product as ET1331-45 and of course has my serial number and part number, if any.  But, as you can see below, it does not!

It would be nice if I could find a way to fix this, but my Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engine searches have turned up very little, if any, hope of fixing this problem.  

Any HELPFUL suggestions are appreciated.  Things like "You need a new computer!" or "What are you doing with a 10 year old PC system, anyway!?" are NOT appreciated, nor are they anywhere near helpful.  I'm on a fixed income as it is, so I have to make my PC system last as long as humanly possible.  Just until I win the Colorado PowerBall or Lotto or get a hefty inheritance.

Thanks in advance.

~Admiral Blind Man JRK ©2021

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, I don't believe there is any way to do that without the specialized tools Acer has in their repair centers...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.