aspire a515-54 Cant update intel uhd graphics?

ChamathD
ChamathD Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i have aspire a515-54 laptop.suddenly it started to flickering pink and green.i tried every option in the internet but it wasnt fixed...i saw a option to update display drivers.so i downloaded the latest intel uhd graphics version from acer website.but i cant install it any advice how to do it?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ChamathD,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @ChamathD

If you have the Intel Driver and Support Assistant program, it will notify you of update drivers and ask you to download and install that. If you don't have it yet, visit Intel site to download and run it.
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

@ttttt yea i downloaded it it saying i have a new driver update but it saying it may remove ustomizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM). ;( i downloaded available update from accer but cant install it ;( there is no way to install it..i tried every setup information files none of those are worked
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

@Easwar its still flickering ;( i tired every option on the youtube too but nothing works..;( sometimes it work fine but then suddenly start to flickering again;(
  • ttttt
    @ChamathD

Are you able to install driver from Intel?
    What happened when you failed to install Acer drivers? Any error message?
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

@ttttt yea i can but i didnt...i tried to install acer drivers but there is no setup for acer vga driver
    :(
  • ttttt
    @ChamathD

Don't know your sub-model number, so not sure about the graphics chipset of your laptop. I assume it is Intel UHD 6XX series.

Can you tell in more details how you download Acer VGA driver and how there is no setup?